Yields : 24 pieces in 9 inches dish
Cooking Time : 1 hours
for the Gravy:
- ¾ teaspoon of Light Soy Sauce or Salty Soy Sauce
- ½ teaspoon of Sweet Soy Sauce
- 2 ½ teaspoons of Oyster Sauce
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Sugar
- 1 cup of Water
- 2 teaspoons of Maizena or Corn Starch, dissolve with 1 tablespoon of Water
Special Utensils :
- Any steamer dish or pie dish / pan
How To :
- Prepare the Gravy by dissolve all of the ingredients with the Water, except for the Maizena, and bring the mixture to boil until seethes, add the dissolved Maizena or Corn Starch. Remember to stir it evenly while pour in the dissolved Maizena or Corn Starch to prevent any clumps. Simmer for a while. Set aside.
- Prepare the Steamer, meanwhile it gets warm, prepare the Bean-Curd Rolls by sear or fry or deep-fry it as taste, remember to remove all of the Cooking Strings or Cotton Strings, and arrange the Bean-Curd Rolls in a dish.
- Drizzle the Gravy over the arranged Bean-Curd Rolls, and steam for about 15 – 30 minutes. The longer steamer process will results a better diffused taste and aroma. In addition, it can be braise instead of steam, as taste.
- Serve while its warm.
- Look at how to make bean-curd rolls video on http://youtu.be/kBsvgMyvd2w
- This recipe uses ABC brand for the Light Soy Sauce or Salty Soy Sauce, and it may replace with Pearl River Bridge brand Superior Light Soy Sauce or Mushroom Soy Sauce, or any available Light Soy Sauce as taste.
- This recipe uses Bango brand for the Sweet Soy Sauce, and it may replace with ABC brand, or any available Sweet Soy Sauce, or any subtitutes such as Japanese Shiro Sweet Sauce, or a mixture of Dark Soy Sauce and Brown Sugar, as taste.
- This recipes uses Lee Kum Kee’s Premium brand for the Oyster Sauce, and it may replace with ABC brand for the lighter aroma, or Mushroom extracted Oyster Sauce for Vegetarian.
- Add a sprinkle of Black Pepper powder in the Gravy mixture for little spicy taste.