YIELDS : One 9″ dish
COOKING TIME : 1 hour
for the Main Layer:
- 1 cup al dente Spiral Macaroni
- 1 cup sliced Carrot
- 1 cup minced Broccoli
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- 1-2 cup shredded cooked Chicken Fillet
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup minced Spanish Onion
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- Salt & Pepper for season
for the Cream :
- 1-2 cups Cream of Soup
- 2 tablespoon Flour
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar
for the Top :
- 1/2 cup crumbed Ritz cracker – Original
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumb
- 3 tablespoon melted Butter
- 1/2 – 1 cup grated Cheddar
- Black Pepper for season
- Tomato Sauce or Chili Sauce for decorate
HOW TO :
- Preheat the Oven at 375 F degrees.
- Saute the Spanish Onion and the Garlic with the Olive oil until fragrant, then add the shredded Chicken. Stir it well, and season the Chicken with Salt and Pepper as taste. Remove from the heat.
- Prepare the 9″ dish, and set up the layer start from the Macaroni as the base, top with the Chicken, continue with the Carrot and the Broccoli, the Chicken again, then the grated Cheddar. Set aside the Chicken layer.
- Prepare the Cream, mix the Flour and the Milk in a pan, boil on a medium heat, then add the Grated Cheddar and the Cream of Soup. Mix it well, especially when you choose to use two different flavor of Cream of Soup.
- Pour the Cream over the Chicken layer, make sure it cover all of the surface. Set aside.
- Prepare the Top by mix the Bread Crumbs with the crumbed Ritz, and stir in the melted Butter.
- Spread the crumbs over the top, and top with the grated Cheddar.
- Bring it to bake for about 30 minutes, or until bubbly and the cheddar-crumbs get golden-crisp.
- Bring it out for a while, sprinkle with the Black Pepper and spread some Tomato Sauce or Chili Sauce for decorate, and bring it back to bake for some minutes, only to fragrant the Black Pepper and the Sauce.
- Serve as you taste.
- The amount for the Chicken and the Cream of Soup are depend on the depth of your dish. The shallow the dish, the less amount needed.
- The Flour and the Milk for the Cream may be omit. You may boil the Cream of Soup and the grated Cheddar only if you choose to omit.
- The Cream of Soup that I usually use is the Chicken, but some time I mix two different Cream of Soup or mix it with Sour Cream also for variation. The variation is depend on your taste.
- Keep the Cheddar in freezer overnight for easily grated.
- I recommend to use a depth dish, as the Cream will be bubbly and may splat-out over the dish. Also recommend to use the glass dish than the pie pan dish for easy cleaning.