YIELDS : 6 servings
COOKING TIME : 1 Hour
- 1/2 cup of Butter, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon of minced Garlic, optional
- 1 cup of diced Spanish Onion
- 1 cup of floret Green Broccoli
- 1 cup of sliced Carrot
- 2 cups of diced cooked Chicken Fillet
- 2 teaspoons of Dry Sherry or Cooking Wine
- 1/2 cup of Flour
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream
- 5 cups of Chicken Broth
- 2 teaspoons of dried Parsley
- 2 sticks of Celery, diced or minced as taste, save the leaves
- 1 dried Bay Laurel leaf, optional
- 2 teaspoons of dried Thyme, optional
- 2-3 tablespoons of grated Cheddar, optional
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
HOW TO :
- Fragrant the Spanish Onion and the Garlic with the two tablespoons of Butter in a saute pan on a medium-low heat.
- Add the Chicken Fillet and the Carrot, then sprinkle a teaspoon of Dry Sherry over it. Add the Broccoli, and saute it well. Remember do not overcook the vegetables. Set off from the heat, when the color of the Broccoli turns bright. Set aside.
- Melted the remaining Butter in a soup pot on a medium-low heat, then dissolve the Flour into the melted Butter, and mix it well.
- Slowly pour the the Heavy Cream into the mixture, stir it well, then add the Chicken Broth, the sauted Chicken, the remaining Dry Sherry, the Parsley, and the Celery. Also add the Thyme, the Bay Laurel leaf and the grated Cheddar when you choose to use it, then bring the soup to boil until bubbly.
- Taste the soup with the Salt and Black Pepper, and add the Celery leaves just before set it off from the heat.